• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Product Reviews Godaddy on website builder

Hi folks

any one know how to input html in store manager, i need to install a review widget for each product, i was thinking maybe i could input the code into the item description..... with no luck. 

also where are the 3rd party addons gone such as yotpo when using website builder. 

Many thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Product Reviews Godaddy on website builder

Hi Ericshaws - Did you receive a reply from GoDaddy?  I too am looking for a product review solution for my eCommerce store.  One of the reasons I left Big Commerce and migrated my store was the salesperson confirmed there was a review feature (should have known).  

If no options, perhaps time to begin looking for a new hosting solution.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey folks!  You can enable reviews via Yotpo by following the directions here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/enable-customer-product-reviews-with-yotpo-20102?

Best-

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

New

Can't find a "PROMOTE" tab 

can you please point me to it

Mont

Setting up customer testimonials for SERVICE based business website that does not use shopping cart

I have read the instructions about YotPo which is intended for e-Commerce businesses with "products" rather than a service business.  I interact directly with customers who contact me by sending a message or by phone.  Other that a BLOG, is there a solution to allow customers to leave feedback / testimonials on my website?

All feedback / ideas / suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Setting up customer testimonials for SERVICE based business website that does not use shopping c

Hi @10Fingers,

Check out this community post that addresses this same questions and see the recommendations in the last post. Thanks and I hope this helps! Let us know what you decide to do.

Rachel

Re: Setting up customer testimonials for SERVICE based business website that does not use shopping c

I also need to setup a customer review on my new Go Central store. I switched from the older Premium store after being assured this was a better solution and you weren't going to be supporting the Premium store anymore. I read all the answers about turning on the review feature but can't find it on any section. The one above (dashboard) doesn't have the same features as mine. Also can I switch all my old reviews over to the new review system if in fact my GoCentral store really has a review feature. If not how long is my Premium store good for?

New

It is there ... at least it was on the trial. However Yotpo doesn't even list Godaddy as a partner on their site so.... not sure how stable that relationship is.

Good you moved out of older Premium. We all have to move asap because old store is no longer being updated.. 

But they have no support to migrate to what is essentially the same store functionality. Thanks GoDaddy leave me in a lurch.

I have two stores to move,manually 100's of hours, or hire for big $$$ . To fix a problem that I would have never bought into willingly. 

GoDaddy management could simply allocate a tech to build some code for easy migration. But no....

If it's that much effort . noting I love my two stores and just wished they'd keep supporting them.

I'm forced to look at Shopify. Smiley Sad  

Hoping management sees this and responds .... I DON'T WANT TO MOVE!!!!

Mont

Thanks Mont. Tried hard but couldn't find a Customer review section. I loved my old Yopto and had a lot of positive reviews I'd hate to lose. I'm in similar situation as you - I don't see that the new one is any better so far and not as many options. Hoping to have someone from GoDaddy answer this question definitively as there's a lot of interest in having a simple easy to use review section.

Tom

New

Have been doing the same investigation. I have two years of great reviews...Have worked super hard for them. 

I did upgrade to next tier of service at Yotpo. Lot's of power there. The support guy didn't even know they connected to GoDaddy, as well GoDaddy is not on their list of partners.

So to me the writing is on the wall. That relationship appears to be DOA.

Yotpo support did however say that customers keep their reviews. And they can plug them in to any participating online store platform.

Mont
    New

Re: Testimonials Page

I wanted to do a build your own site here, but it seems I have to leave for Squarespace or Wix because you can't really build a testimonials page from your client's text, you have to connect it via some outside site. This is a major weakness and the reason I am leaving after 10 years? It's a very important website feature and there should be a way to create testimonials RIGHT ON THE WEBSITE without linking to FB or other to do so. 

Too bad really, otherwise was good.