• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Text link to a GoDaddy blog page, is it possible?

I've got my Go Daddy blog set up and I want to build in some text links to specific blog post. IS there a way t do this? If there is I can't seem to find it.  

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Text link to a GoDaddy blog page, is it possible?

@ubuman

Please see @Hopeful response below for the solution! 😉

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

I keep coming back to GoDaddy every few years hoping they will get it right. Well, tonight I was sure they had finally gotten it right. I love GoCentral and the ease of using it. Put a good hour into getting my site how I wanted it and then needed to add in a few text links to take users to a diff page in my site. Nope. Can't happen. No way possible to do this that I can find. This is the absolute dumbest of all dumbs and I cannot believe a place like GoDaddy who has been in this game for years and years would let an oversight like this get by. Welp. Plenty of other places to spend my money. I'll check back in a few years.

New
    Solution

Actually, there are ways to do this.  Many of the text box entry areas in the editor allow for text links. There is no convenient way to get page links from WebBuilder but you can simply load the page you want in your browser, copy the link and paste it in where you need it.  Not all the text areas allow links but many of them do. 

Also it is possible to add links within blogs, as Hopeful pointed out. Just highlight text in the blog editor and a menu appears that will allow you to add a link.

As far as HTML sections go, I've found it doesn't produce great results, but in general I think this is a pretty good site production tool, with a lot of great capabilities. 

Helper V

Correction made to my previous post: When typing in the blog, all you have to do is highlight the words you want  and a pop-up will happen that offers you the ability to set up a link. You just click on the icon that looks like a chain link and add the url.

The other user explained how to link from a section on the website portion. Hope that helps!