• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

What Happened to The Website Builder?

I used to have a site built using the old website builder which was a doddle to use with the menu down the left side.

This site was used for selling and also for adding affiliate marketing links.

I then decided to use that domain to build a store and then tried to build a new website with another domain.

I can't make head nor tail of the current site builder even though I have been building sites since 2006 so not a novice.

So far as I can see I can only add plain text...no simple way of adding clickable banners. Until the site builder is simplified, I am no longer building sites with Go Daddy 😞

2 REPLIES 2
    Retired
    Not applicable

@GosportNancy wrote:

I used to have a site built using the old website builder which was a doddle to use with the menu down the left side.

This site was used for selling and also for adding affiliate marketing links.

I then decided to use that domain to build a store and then tried to build a new website with another domain.

I can't make head nor tail of the current site builder even though I have been building sites since 2006 so not a novice.

So far as I can see I can only add plain text...no simple way of adding clickable banners. Until the site builder is simplified, I am no longer building sites with Go Daddy 😞

Hi @GosportNancy,

Like WordPress, it doesn't actually get any easier than GoCentral. That's as easy as it gets when it comes to building websites........

WebsiteBuilder was updated to GoCentral. As far as 'clickable banners' that's simple javascript, css or hyperlink usually, and although I don't use GoCentral I hear that you can now add your own code. I don't know what limitations this presents, if any......

"Please don't assume I work here just because I have a broom in my hands……."

Same here! This new GoCentral limits you completely! I don’t do my business with godaddy anymore. The old builder was so easy to use and you could do so much easily.