cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

adding HTML

Hi

I'm new to this so please be gentle Smiley Happy

I'm trailing ( free version for 30 days) both business builder and the shop version of website builder and have looked to see how to add HTML to either one. The eye icon is not available in either version

from the information I've seen this is not available in the free version but is in the paid for versions . Would someone please tell me if this is correct before I go any further

Thank you in advance

9 REPLIES 9
    Employee
    Employee

Re: adding HTML

Hi @Kimberley1

Thank you for your post. At this time none of the GoCentral plans include this functionality as of yet, however from the info I was able to gather it does seem to be in the plans for future releases.  To gauge the need for this add-on, the devs are collecting data from our customer feedback. 

I would be happy to hear your input on the add-on and how you would utilize it. I personally would like to see it added for embed usage such as adding HTML to generate forms or maps.  What are your thoughts?

Best Wishes!

-Techfly 

HI

thank for your reply but please can you explain this link explaining howto add HTML  on the godaddy website ??

Is it for a different product ??

https://au.godaddy.com/help/add-scripts-and-html-7684

https://au.godaddy.com/help/add-html-code-to-page-12286

Employee
    Employee

Hi @Kimberley1

Thank you for the response. The 2 articles are indeed for a website builder platform, however they are for older versions of the website builder, that currently, are no longer offered for sale or purchase. The first link is for a Version 6 and the second link would be for the Version 7. The GoCentral website builder would be the latest version and release.

Unfortunately, the GoCentral website builder has not yet had this feature integrated into  the platform.  There are many built in functions that eliminate the need for HTML, such as; adding embedded video, connecting to google analytics, adding meta descriptions and adding an embedded live map, etc. 

Hope this helps!

-Techfly

My input is that it is NEEDED greatly!  How could they dumb down GoCentral so much and actually convince us customers that its the best way to go?? I'm terribly disappointed.  If  hadn't spent so much time moving my site from Builder to GoCentral, I'd switch back but I don't have that kind of time to move everything back.  Not happy at all.

Agree!!!  I just went through the same thing.  I can't believe GoDaddy.com didn't think to incorporate this function in the "newer" site.  OMG...really?  Not happy about this at all!

Please add it.  Don't "think about it" or "wait for feedback"...this should have been done already.

New

Agree!! This feature is really needed.

Employee
    Employee

Good News Everyone!

It's in the works Smiley Wink

Post back soon when I have more info!

-TechFly

Greetings,

Is it available now?

Juanisimo

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hey @Kimberley1!  

This feature has been released and instructions for using it with a GoCentral site are here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-or-custom-code-to-my-site-27252?. 

Best-

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager