cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH connection fails

I have enabled SSH access in my C-Panel and I created a Public & Private key there. I downloaded the keys to my SSH client (I prefer Bitvise over Putty) and plugged in the data. However, whenever I try to connect to my server, I receive the following error:

21:32:35.330 Started a new SSH2 session.
21:32:35.997 Connecting to SSH2 server 148.72.15.170:22.
21:32:36.204 Connection established.
21:32:41.375 The SSH2 session has terminated with error. Reason: FlowSocketReader: Error receiving bytes. Windows error 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

It would seem that my server is not allowing me to access it via SSH but I have allowed it - done everything I know to do. Any ideas and/or suggestions? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jamen

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SSH connection fails

Hi @jmcgranahan, thanks for posting.

Generally you would create the keys on your computer, and then upload the public key to your hosting plan.

If you are still having trouble, I suggest removing any keys and then trying to connect. If you are able to connect without using any keys, then you can try generating them again and adding them.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: SSH connection fails

I am getting this error: -The SSH session has terminated with error. Reason FlowSocketReader: Error receiving bytes. Windows error 10054: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. My website is  https://www.cppbuzz.com