Account Access Terms of Service
This GoDaddy Account Access Terms of Service Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into by and between GoDaddy.com, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("GoDaddy") and you, and is made effective as of the date of electronic acceptance. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of the GoDaddy Account Access Services (the “Services”).
Your electronic acceptance of this Agreement signifies that you have read, understand, acknowledge and agree to be bound by this Agreement, along with GoDaddy’s Universal Terms of Service Agreement, which are incorporated herein by reference.
The terms “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to GoDaddy. The terms “you”, “your”, “User” or “customer” shall refer to any individual or entity who accepts this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
GoDaddy, in its sole and absolute discretion, may change or modify this Agreement, and any policies or agreements which are incorporated herein, at any time, and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting to the GoDaddy website (this “Site”). You acknowledge and agree that (i) GoDaddy may notify you of such changes or modifications by posting them to this Site and (ii) your use of this Site or the Services after such changes or modifications have been made (as indicated by the “Last Revised” date at the top of this page) shall constitute your acceptance of this Agreement as last revised. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement as last revised, do not use (or continue to use) this Site or the Services. In addition, GoDaddy may occasionally notify you of changes or modifications to this Agreement by email. It is therefore very important that you keep your account information, including your email address, current. GoDaddy assumes no liability or responsibility for your failure to receive an email notification if such failure results from an inaccurate or out-of-date email address.
You agree that this Agreement shall be deemed to have been negotiated, entered into, executed and performed for all purposes within the United States of America.2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Services allow you to request limited or full access to another customer’s GoDaddy account, or to grant limited or full access to your GoDaddy account to another GoDaddy customer. Limited access allows the customer granted access (the “grantee”) the ability to make changes to products in the delegating customer’s (the “grantor's") account. Full access allows the grantee to make purchases in the grantor’s account, using the payment method on file in the grantor’s account.3. GRANTOR TERMS
You should only grant access to your account to a grantee with whom you have an established and trusted business or personal relationship. GoDaddy is not responsible for, and in no event shall have any liability with respect to, your decision to authorize another GoDaddy customer to access your account, or for any actions the grantee may take or fail to take with respect to your account.
If you change your mind regarding whether to allow a grantee to access your account, you may revoke the grantee’s ability to access your account at any time. However, while such access is granted, you assume full responsibility and liability for all actions and omissions engaged in by the grantee with respect to your account.
By authorizing a grantee to access your account, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the following:
- You have an established and trusted business or personal relationship with the account grantee.
- That, depending on permissions granted, the grantee may have access to and be able to view personal information that you have included and provided in your account, including, but not limited to, billing address information (but excluding actual payment information).
- You are voluntarily authorizing the grantee to access and make changes to your account, and you fully release GoDaddy from any claims related to such access and any changes or omissions that are made by the grantee.
- If you are granting full account access to the grantee, you are authorizing the grantee to make purchases on your behalf, utilizing the payment method on file in your account.
- You are responsible for complying with the terms and conditions of any agreements entered into by the grantee on your behalf in connection with your account.
- You are solely responsible for full payment for all products and services purchased by the grantee in your account.
- You are assuming full legal and financial responsibility for all actions taken by the grantee with respect to your account, including but not limited to any purchases made by the grantee on your behalf.
Only customers with an established and trusted business or personal relationship with another GoDaddy customer should request permission to access, or accept access to, that customer’s account. You may discontinue your ability to access a grantor’s GoDaddy account at any time.
By requesting permission to access another GoDaddy customer’s account, or accepting an invitation to access another GoDaddy customer’s account, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the following:
- You have an established and trusted business or personal relationship with the account grantor.
- You will use such access solely in the best interest of and as authorized by the grantor.
- You will keep the grantor’s accounts, products and payment methods separate from any other accounts, products and payment methods owned or controlled by you.
- You will not transfer the grantor’s accounts or products to yourself or to any third-party.
- You will conduct yourself so as to not adversely affect the good standing, reputation, or business of the grantor.
- You will comply with all laws and regulations with respect to your access of the grantor’s account.
- You will maintain in good standing, at your own cost, any licenses or permits required for you to provide services to or access the account(s) of the grantor.
- You will promptly prepare and transmit to GoDaddy, at our request and in a format acceptable to us, information concerning your access of any other GoDaddy customer’s account, including but not limited to dates and times of such access and any actions taken in the account.
Any violation of any of the above terms, which will be determined in our sole and absolute discretion, may result in the immediate termination of your access to the Services, criminal prosecution, and/or a civil lawsuit. If the Services are cancelled for any reason, any content or data you have entered into the Services will be lost and will not be recoverable.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless GoDaddy and our customers, contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates and assigns from all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, relating to or arising out of (i) your decision to grant access to your account to another GoDaddy customer; (ii) any breach by you of Sections 3 or 4 of the Agreement; (iii) any unauthorized act or transaction or any negligent act, omission or transaction by you or anyone acting on your behalf or at your direction related to the access of your or another GoDaddy customer’s account; and (iv) your use of or inability to use the Services, including but not limited to any loss of data or content you might experience as a result of our discontinuation of the Services for any reason.6. TITLES AND HEADINGS; INDEPENDENT COVENANTS; SEVERABILITY
The titles and headings of this Agreement are for convenience and ease of reference only and shall not be utilized in any way to construe or interpret the agreement of the parties as otherwise set forth herein. Each covenant and agreement in this Agreement shall be construed for all purposes to be a separate and independent covenant or agreement. If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision (or portion of a provision) of this Agreement to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions (or portions of provisions) of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall be found to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.7. DEFINITIONS; CONFLICTS
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Universal Terms of Service Agreement. In the event there is a conflict between the provisions of this Agreement and the provisions of the Universal Terms of Service Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall control.8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the Services or this Agreement, please contact us at the address below:
GoDaddy Legal Department
14455 North Hayden Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85260