Change the domain on my Managed WordPress website
- If the domain you want to use is in use by another hosting account, including any subdomains, you need to remove it from that account first (cPanel / Plesk).
- If you have an SSL certificate applied to your hosting account, uninstall it before you change your primary hosted domain.
You can change the domain name of your Managed WordPress website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website that uses the domain you want to change, select the menu and then select Settings.
- In the Domains section, select Add > New primary domain.
- In the field provided under New primary domain or subdomain, fill in the domain you want to use. Include the TLD, like coolexample.com.
- Select Add Domain.
- Verify the domain is correct, then select Yes, help me connect it.
- If you're using a domain that is registered in another GoDaddy customer account select Continue to GoDaddy and log in to the account when asked. Follow the instructions in the wizard to finish connecting your domain.
Note: Because it can take up to 24-48 hours for the DNS to change, you may not see your new domain for that long.