Close my account
Follow these steps to completely and permanently cancel your GoDaddy account and delete all associated information.
Internal Only Content: Canceled accounts will no longer show in the CRM. Customers interested in recovering their domains from canceled accounts will need to visit www.changeupdate.com for potential recovery options.
- To close your account, you must first delete all products associated with the account and then wait at least 24 hours before continuing with these steps.
- When it’s been more than 24 hours since all products were deleted, go to your GoDaddy Contact Preferences page. You might be prompted to log in to your account.
- Under Account, select Edit.
- Under Confirm, select I understand this action cannot be undone.
If you haven't already deleted all products associated with the account, we'll remind you to do this before you can continue, and then you must wait at least 24 hours before you can close this account.Warning: There are no refunds after you close your account. If you're eligible for a refund, please contact Support directly to request a refund before you close your account. Once your account is closed, your account data is deleted and you will no longer be eligible for a refund as otherwise permitted under our refund policy .
- Select Close Account. When we're done, you'll see a success message.
Note: To the extent necessary based on legitimate purposes to fulfill our corporate obligations, such as those necessary for record-keeping and other legal purposes, certain data may be retained in accordance with our document retention policies.
- If you have more than one GoDaddy account, you can also merge accounts.