Create a database in Plesk
You can create new databases on your Windows server directly through Plesk.
- Log in to Plesk.
- On the right-hand side, click Databases.
- Click Add New Database.
- Give your database a name in the Database Name box.
- Choose your database type, either MySQL or SQL Server.
Note: You will not be able to choose SQL Server until you add SQL Server (Standard/Web or Express) to Plesk.
- Create a database user name in the Database user name box.
- Give this database user name a password in the New Password box, and confirm it in the next box.
- (MySQL only): Select what type of remote access you want to allow in the Access Control section.
- Once you are satisfied with your selections, click OK.
You now have a new database on your server.
- You can use SQL Server Management Studio to move a Microsoft SQL Server database to your server.
- You can use phpMyAdmin to import a MySQL database backup to your server.