Dive in: Essential Windows Hosting Articles
Here's a roundup of essential Windows Hosting (Plesk) articles. Use this list as your guide for everything from setting up your account to managing FTP users and more.
Get started with Windows Hosting
Set up your account, request SSL certificates, and move your site to GoDaddy
- Get started with Windows hosting
- Request an SSL certificate (Deluxe or Extended Validation)
- Move your website to GoDaddy (shared hosting)
- Hosting Multiple Websites on Your Hosting Account
- Start over (erase all content)
- What type of hosting account do I have?
Work with domains
Add and change domains and subdomains, and configure DNS (Back to top)
- Add domains/websites in Plesk hosting
- Adding New Domain Names to Your Plesk Account
- Adding Domain Aliases to Your Plesk Shared Hosting Account
- Change a domain in my Plesk hosting account
- Configuring DNS for Your Plesk Domain
- What does it mean to host a domain?
- What is a subdomain?
- What file displays when someone browses to my domain name?
Copy files to my site
Learn about FTP, upload files and add users (Back to top)
- What is FTP?
- What is my FTP host or address?
- Find your FTP login/username for Plesk hosting
- What is FTP?
- Move my Plesk website with FTP and FileZilla
- Reset your FTP username and password for Plesk hosting
- Add FTP users in Plesk hosting
- Configuring Filezilla for FTPS Explicit
Set up my Plesk apps and create new files
Install apps like WordPress or Drupal, and create new files directly in your account (Back to top)
- Install applications in Plesk hosting
- Recycle your application pool
- Set directory permissions
- Create files in Plesk hosting
- Edit files in Plesk hosting
- How many files can a shared hosting directory hold?
- What is a web.config file?
Publish my website
Preview and publish the site from web building tools (Back to top)
- Preview your website using hosts files
- Find your website's nameservers in Plesk hosting
- What is my website's IP address in Plesk hosting?
- What is my website's root directory in Plesk hosting?
- How many websites can I host with one shared hosting account?
Back up my website
Use Site Backup, or do it yourself (Back to top)
- Move my website with FTP and FileZilla
- What is Site Backup?
- Add Site Backup to your account
- Upgrade your Site Backup plan
Fine-tune my website
Redirect URLs, add IP addresses, and more (Back to top)
- Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically
- Create URL redirects
- Using 301 Page Redirects
- Add a dedicated IP address
- Performing a Traceroute in Mac OS X
- View website traffic statistics in Plesk hosting
Work with databases
Import, export, and connect to MySQL databases (Back to top)
- Find your database hostname
- Connecting to MySQL Using PHP
- Export MySQL databases
- Import SQL files into MySQL databases
- Connecting to a MySQL Database Using ASP.NET
- Create MySQL/MS-SQL databases in Plesk hosting
- Exporting MySQL database in SSH
- What is my database host name in Plesk hosting?
Work with PHP
Build a dynamic website using PHP scripts (Back to top)
- PHP upload limits on shared hosting
- Enable custom PHP modules
- Change PHP Settings
- Setup PHP error logging
- What filename does my PHP initialization file need to use?
- Finding Your Account's PHP Version Using phpinfo
Set up Plesk email
Find your relay server and use System.Net.Mail (Back to top)
Troubleshoot my Windows Hosting account
Check here for for help with common Plesk hosting issues (Back to top)
- Why isn't my website displaying?
- Why aren't my website's images displaying?
- My website was hacked. What should I do?
- Common Web Page Errors
- Reporting Malware and Phishing
- php.ini/.user.ini Changes Not Taking Effect
- Troubleshooting FileZilla FTP Connections
- Identifying Malicious Redirects on Your Website
- FileZilla Errors: "The server's certificate is unknown" & ECONNREFUSED