Dive in: Essential Windows Hosting Articles
Here's a roundup of essential Windows Hosting (Plesk) articles. Use this list as your guide for everything from setting up your account to managing FTP users and more.
Get started with Windows Hosting
Set up your account, request SSL certificates, and move your site to GoDaddy
- Set up my new Windows Hosting account
- Request my SSL certificate
- Move your website to GoDaddy (shared hosting)
- Start over (erase all content) in Windows Hosting
- What type of hosting account do I have?
Work with domains
Add and change domains and subdomains, and configure DNS (Back to top)
- Add domains or websites in Windows Hosting
- Add a domain name to my Windows Hosting
- Add a domain alias to my Windows Hosting account
- Change the primary domain in my Windows Hosting account
- Configure DNS for domains in my Windows Hosting
- What is a subdomain?
- What file displays when someone browses to my domain name?
Copy files to my site
Learn about FTP, upload files and add users (Back to top)
- What is FTP?
- Find my FTP username in Windows Hosting
- What is FTP?
- Upload files to my Windows Hosting account with FTP and FileZilla
- Change my FTP password for Windows Hosting
- Add FTP users in Plesk hosting
Set up my Plesk apps and create new files
Install apps like WordPress or Drupal, and create new files directly in your account (Back to top)
- Install applications in my Windows Hosting account with Plesk
- Recycle the application pool in my Windows Hosting
- Set directory permissions in my Windows Hosting account
- Create files in my Windows Hosting account
- Edit files in Windows Hosting
- How many files can a shared hosting directory hold?
- What is a web.config file?
Publish my website
Preview and publish the site from web building tools (Back to top)
- Preview your website using hosts files
- Find my GoDaddy nameservers
- Find my website IP address in Windows Hosting
- What is my website's root directory in Windows Hosting?
Back up my website
Use Website Backup for easy backups via FTP or SFTP (Back to top)
Fine-tune my website
Redirect URLs, add IP addresses, and more (Back to top)
- Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically
- Using 301 Page Redirects
- Add a dedicated IP address
- Run a traceroute in macOS
- Enable website traffic statistics for Windows Hosting
Work with databases
Import, export, and connect to MySQL databases (Back to top)
- Find your database hostname
- Connecting to MySQL Using PHP
- Export MySQL databases
- Import SQL files into MySQL databases
- Connecting to a MySQL Database Using ASP.NET
- Create MySQL/MS-SQL databases in Windows Hosting
- Exporting MySQL database in SSH
- What is my database host name in Plesk hosting?
Work with PHP
Build a dynamic website using PHP scripts (Back to top)
- PHP upload limits on shared hosting
- Enable custom PHP modules
- Change PHP settings for my hosting account
- Setup PHP error logging
- What filename does my PHP initialization file need to use?
- Find my PHP version using phpinfo
Set up Plesk email
Find your relay server and use System.Net.Mail (Back to top)
Troubleshoot my Windows Hosting account
Check here for for help with common Plesk hosting issues (Back to top)