Move my domain to another GoDaddy account
You can transfer a domain name from your GoDaddy account into another GoDaddy account with a domain account change. Your domain is not eligible for an account change if it's pending a contact update approval, within one day of expiration, expired or already undergoing an account change.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you want to move to another account. Or, click the check mark icon and Select All.
- Select Ownership > Move to other GoDaddy Account.
- Enter the new account owner's email address.
- Confirm the new account owner's email address.
- (Optional) Enter the new account owner's shopper ID. If you enter a shopper ID, the email address you entered must match the email address on the account you're moving the domain to.
- Choose if you want to copy current contact info to the new account. If you decide not to copy the contact information, you and the new domain owner will need to approve the changes.
- Select Transfer Domain.
Note: You'll need to verify your identity if you have domain protection on your domain. We'll send a verification code automatically if you've had 2-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we'll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
You'll receive a confirmation notice stating Your transfer is in progress.
- Remember, if you chose to not copy the current domain contact information, those changed will need to be approved.
- You won't be able to transfer the same domain to another registrar for 10 days after completing this process.