Redirect my WordPress website to HTTPS for Plesk hosting
If you have a secure certificate (SSL) on your WordPress website, you can automatically redirect visitors to the secured (HTTPS) version of your website to make sure their information is protected.
Note: Several plug-ins are available for WordPress that can redirect your URL automatically after you have installed your SSL certificate. For help with WordPress plugins, see wp.org
How you redirect traffic depends on the type of hosting you have.
WordPress installed on Plesk/Windows hosting
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Click Settings and then General.
- Change your WordPress URL and Site URL from http://coolexample.com to https://coolexample.com and click Save Changes.
- Create a web.config file in your httpdocs folder
- Insert the code listed below into your
web.configfile and save the file.