Set a backup payment method
You can set a backup payment method to use just in case the usual payment method for your product or subscription doesn’t process successfully.
- Go to your GoDaddy Payment Methods page. You might be prompted to log in.
- Click Edit next to the payment method you want to set as an alternate.
- Select the menu next to the payment method you want to set as a backup. Select Enable as Backup.
- If the payment method is already set as backup payment, you have the option to Disable as Backup.
- A Backup Payment label will appear in the lower-left corner. The next time you make a GoDaddy purchase, we'll use this payment method if there's a problem with the payment method associated with your renewal.