Set directory permissions (Windows)
You can set different directory permissions for each of the directories in your Windows® Hosting account, besides the root directory. This lets you control who can access your files and which actions they can perform on files in those directories.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Tools section, click FTP File Manager.
- Select the directory for which you'd like to set permissions.
- Click Privacy.
- Select the permissions you want to use:
- Web visible — Directory contents are visible to users.
- Web writable — Applications can write to this directory.
- Inherit — Inherit permissions from parent directory. You must deselect this option if you want to select permissions on a per-directory basis.
- Set all subfolders to inherit permissions — Changes all subfolders to inherit permissions from this folder.
- Click OK.