Set up my cPanel hosting account
After you purchase a hosting plan, you need to set it up before you can use it to host your website.
Warning: Setting up a cPanel hosting account changes your domain's DNS records, so an existing website and email addresses might stop working. If you're unsure about the impact on your website and email, contact support.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Web Hosting. A list of your hosting accounts appears.
- Click Set up next to your new cPanel account.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click Finish.
Note: If you're setting up your account with an Internationalized Domain Name, you will need to enter the punycode version of the domain name.
- See our tips for Getting Started with Hosting (cPanel).
- Your cPanel username and password will be generated randomly. You can change your password in the account Dashboard.