Troubleshoot and fix a WordPress White Screen of Death
The WordPress White Screen of Death (WSOD) can be caused by database errors, and php errors related to themes, plugins and core files. In some cases, you may see a "The site is experiencing technical difficulties" message. You have two options when troubleshooting and fixing either issue:
- Call our support number and one of our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Do it yourself following the instructions in the table below.
WordPress Premium Support
Our support experts can perform the following services for you for a fee:
- Troubleshoot and fix an error being generated by your WordPress theme
- Troubleshoot and fix an error being generated by a WordPress plugin
- Troubleshoot and fix an error being generated by a WordPress core file
Do it yourself
To troubleshoot and fix this yourself, use the table below to find the scenario that's applicable and follow those instructions.
|To do it yourself, see 1 of these steps||Difficulty|
|Troubleshoot and fix theme errors in WordPress||Medium|
|Troubleshoot and fix WordPress plugin errors||Medium|
|Troubleshoot and fix WordPress core file errors||Medium|
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.