What are .us domain names?
The .us domain name is intended for use by residents of the United States of America. However, it’s not an Americans-only deal. Anyone with a connection to the U.S. may register .us domains, including individuals and organizations like:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or one of its territories, or someone whose primary residence is in the U.S.
- Organizations incorporated in the U.S. or one of its territories, or those that have a bona fide presence in the U.S.
The .us domain name is the web address of choice for anyone with a dream to chase, an idea to share, a cause to champion or a business to promote. The .us domains community welcomes businesses based inside and outside of the United States with a substantial U.S.-based interest. Details are available in the .us domain name TLD Nexus Requirements.
Why register .us domain names?
When you go with .us domains, your online presence gains a number of unique characteristics that other web addresses just don’t get across. The .us domain name helps you:
- Get a powerful, easily-recalled domain name
- Show your support for the American small business
- Connect your cause and country
- Share your story with a personalized web address
- Establish a local destination for global brands