cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Misled by chat agent on renewal

My web hosting site was up for renewal and we only had the basic package as there is not much traffic or use. Unfortunately the renewal options on the site did not include the basic, only deluxe or more pricier packages. I contacted support on a chat (that's when my nightmare started) and the agent offered me a deluxe package for $377 for a TWO year term. I said not I don't use the site that much I want the basic. He/she (don't know) , I can give you a discount and the price will be $233. I asked if it was the same term and he said YES. I accepted and later found that the agent actually dropped from TWO to ONE year term. I try calling and contacting them repeatedly but not one is "home". GoDaddy is a SCAM!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Misled by chat agent on renewal

Hi @AdemirC. Thanks for sharing your feedback. That sounds like a frustrating situation. First I'd like to assure you that our phone will always pick up. You should never experience an issue where the phone rings without ever being connected. If that's happening, you'll want to double check the number you're calling. 

As for the issue you're facing, there are a few possibilities, but all require you to get back in touch with a GoDaddy Guide. If you don't feel like the agent you're speaking with is properly addressing your issue, you can asked to be connected to a supervisor who can review your previous chat. If nothing else, they should be able to refund your purchase. Annual hosting plans are fully refundable if they are canceled within 30 days of purchase. 

Please keep in mind that this is a community forum rather than a support form. Users here do not have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account specific issues.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.