Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Unhappy with refund policy

After some years with godaddy I am surprised with an email that informs me about my domain renewal made for 2 year. But an e-mail I received just a couple of days was telling me the renewal will be made for one year with a fee of single year.

I contacted the support for a second year refund. Because I did not set auto-renew for 2 years. More over I was never informed about that. 

After 25 minutes of chat with support agent I got the answer "Sorry but the domain renewal cannot be reversed." and many times during the chat.

I do not thinkIs it clear this is fair trade. And this is not ethical also. So with a company making such cheap tricks I do not see it possible to continue. 

This is why I leave goDaddy. Forever.  Never register your credit card with godaddy for auto payments. They will take your money and will not refund.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@  Screenshot of e-mail is attached. And you can see notes on it.

Moreover there is no information about the renewal term. Why?  What if goDaddy renews a domain for 100 years and say "sorry no refunds" What is the difference? I never informed about renewal term.

GoDaddy trying to make us believe that renewal term is related to term first we buy the domain. But what is the logical relation? Makes no sense. 

This is how goDaddy deceives customers.

Screenshot_2.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @filbilisim. Thanks for sharing your concern. Sorry to hear you want to leave. I don't know what your email said specifically, but I can tell you that our renewal notices don't usually contain information about the term the domain will renew for. This always processes based on how many years the initial domain registration was done for. If the automatic renewal was for two years, then it's likely that when you first registered the domain, it was done for two years. Your renewal notice should have said something like "auto-renews on [date] for $xx.xx/yr". This is an indication of how much you'll pay per year. Otherwise, it would just say the amount without the /yr on the end. Sorry if that caused any confusion, but I hope the explanation makes sense. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@  Screenshot of e-mail is attached. And you can see notes on it.

Moreover there is no information about the renewal term. Why?  What if goDaddy renews a domain for 100 years and say "sorry no refunds" What is the difference? I never informed about renewal term.

GoDaddy trying to make us believe that renewal term is related to term first we buy the domain. But what is the logical relation? Makes no sense. 

This is how goDaddy deceives customers.

Screenshot_2.png

View solution in original post

JesseW
Community Manager

@filbilisim - Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure why our renewal notices do not include the term length of the renewal, but I'm sure there's a valid reason for it. There's definitely no intention to deceive anyone. The way renewals are processed can be found in our Domain Name Registration Agreement, in section "(B) DOMAIN NAME RENEWAL TERMS" if you want to take a look.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

The same thing happened to me! Very annoyed as well