• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

integration with myfitnesspal

Myfitnesspal api integration. I want a plugin or software that will allow my clients to log in and show their nutrition on their profile page. Does anyone know how to do that? I have the api's. 

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: integration with myfitnesspal

Great that you are working on something like this @recruit. I did a project like this for my family and friends in 2015-ish? When I got started we had a mix of devices Misfit, Fitbit, Moov, Garmin... and of course a host of applications that came with them. Creating one website that displayed everyone was seemingly impossible. What I ended up doing was porting all of the data to associated Google accounts using Google Drive and Sheets then pulling the website data from there. That enabled me to normalize the data shown for everyone regardless of device. I found ifttt.com great for that.

That was the good news. The bad news is for whatever reason you can find that most devices have some kind of data pushes on IFTTT but for some reason I have not seen recipes for MyFitnessPal on there? As recently as August I have seen the MFP community complaining about that Another MFP user seeking IFTTT integration MFP have been alluding to some kind of thing for awhile but I haven't actually seen anything. Before I wrote this reply I looked around a bit and all I was able to find was the complaints about there not being something done and not a whole bunch of API integrations. As far as I am aware the MyFitnessPal API is private-access only? I hope some of that helps? Good luck with your project.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Helper II
    Helper II

Re: integration with myfitnesspal

Hi  recruit 

your website can be programmed with any API.

anyhow I see they do have an API for a website to embed http://www.myfitnesspal.com/api