Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Buying & Selling Domains
  • Buying & Selling Domains

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Days listed and Domains for Sale vs Public Auctions

Please pardon the 3 newbie questions.

1) When I read the listing rules (posted at the end of this message) it says that you cannot have a Public Auction where the domain is listed somewhere else. Since I plan to list elsewhere too, I want to avoid the "Public Auction" type. But what Public Auction is this referring to? The 7-day one? 

2) Biggest problem: I listed over 100 domains using "Offer/Counter Offer or Offer/Counter Offer", but I only want them to last for 7 days - not 89 or whatever it is. What can I do to shorten the listing time without breaking the Public Auction rule of not listing it elsewhere?

3) Is there a link to all of my GoDaddy auction listings - just one link - that I can share on my website?

===============

Can I sell domain names on multiple websites?

You can offer domain names for sale on GoDaddy Auctions ® and multiple other sites, simultaneously, if you list the domain as an Offer/Counter Offer or Offer/Counter Offer with Buy Now auction type.

If you list the domain as a public auction, you can only list it with GoDaddy Auctions ®. At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the domain. Auctioning domains on GoDaddy Auctions ® while offering them on other sites violates the Universal Terms of Service you agreed to when you set up your GoDaddy Auctions ® listing.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/auctions-faq-890

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Nate
    Super User II

An item can only be a part of one auction at a time, this is not unique to GoDaddy.  If an item sells at auction it is obligated to the buyer if they pay, so you can't set up a situation where full ownership of 1 item may be obligated to multiple people.  So if an item is listed in auction that is the only place it should be available for sale, if the auction ends without any bids you can reconsider your options.

With offer/counter-offer the item is not obligated until you come to an agreement, if you don't come to an agreement you can pull the listings down.

TLH

Hi @NewbieGirl,

In order to change the type of listing on your domain/s, you can do it one of two ways. To change the listing on your domain, go to your Domain Manager, and then to your Auctions listings (under Buy & Sell). You can check the box to the left of the domain and choose the "Express Edit" button above and change the data to reflect a 7-day listing. Be sure to Apply the changes. 

You can also delete the domains you choose out of the list, then resubmit them as 7-day auctions

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us
    4 REPLIES 4
    Nate
    Super User II

An item can only be a part of one auction at a time, this is not unique to GoDaddy.  If an item sells at auction it is obligated to the buyer if they pay, so you can't set up a situation where full ownership of 1 item may be obligated to multiple people.  So if an item is listed in auction that is the only place it should be available for sale, if the auction ends without any bids you can reconsider your options.

With offer/counter-offer the item is not obligated until you come to an agreement, if you don't come to an agreement you can pull the listings down.

Thank you so much for your reply Nate. Since I decided to use the "Offer/Counter Offer and Offer/Counter Offer with Buy it Now” options to avoid that problem, is there a way to shorten their time span to only 7 days? 80 something days is about 70 days longer than i’d Like them to run.
    TLH

Hi @NewbieGirl,

In order to change the type of listing on your domain/s, you can do it one of two ways. To change the listing on your domain, go to your Domain Manager, and then to your Auctions listings (under Buy & Sell). You can check the box to the left of the domain and choose the "Express Edit" button above and change the data to reflect a 7-day listing. Be sure to Apply the changes. 

You can also delete the domains you choose out of the list, then resubmit them as 7-day auctions

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

Thank you so much TLH - this is exactly what I was hoping to learn. I'll look for that!

Much appreciated TLH and Nate.