cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

The GoDaddy estimated valuation for a domain

Im new to all this, having bought up some domains for use in my company.

Just wondered if this esitimated valuation has any kind of basis in reality and if I do decide to sell some of these domain which GD tells me are worth a few thousand $ how long would it take?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: The GoDaddy estimated valuation

Hey there!

To my knowledge, yes, the estimated value is based in reality. It takes a lot of things into consideration. Length of the domain name, TLD, keywords, and several other things. It bases the value on the potential SEO strength, more or less. 

You can put them up for sale immediately, but the value is truly determined by the buying public. If someone really wants that domain, they'll pay for it. If they don't, then they won't.

One way to increase the price and give it true value is to get a steady amount of traffic coming to the domain. This shows any potential investor that might want that domain that they'll then have immediate and instant traffic if they purchase it. Boom! You sold a Premium Domain and probably made some decent bank.

It's a process and not usually instantaneous. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: The GoDaddy estimated valuation

Hey there!

To my knowledge, yes, the estimated value is based in reality. It takes a lot of things into consideration. Length of the domain name, TLD, keywords, and several other things. It bases the value on the potential SEO strength, more or less. 

You can put them up for sale immediately, but the value is truly determined by the buying public. If someone really wants that domain, they'll pay for it. If they don't, then they won't.

One way to increase the price and give it true value is to get a steady amount of traffic coming to the domain. This shows any potential investor that might want that domain that they'll then have immediate and instant traffic if they purchase it. Boom! You sold a Premium Domain and probably made some decent bank.

It's a process and not usually instantaneous. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post