cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maljonic
Novice

Auction bid my mistake

I bid on the wrong domain, does that mean I have to have it if I win? I selected the wrong domain from a list of search results, entering the amount in the wrong box - for the domain below the one I wanted in the list. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just hope for them to make a counter offer and not accept it?

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Auction bid my mistake

Maljonic wrote:

I bid on the wrong domain, does that mean I have to have it if I win? I selected the wrong domain from a list of search results, entering the amount in the wrong box - for the domain below the one I wanted in the list. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just hope for them to make a counter offer and not accept it?

@Maljonic You can reach out to auctions@godaddy.com and explain your situation

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Maljonic
Novice

Thank you, I tried that just now, wait and see.

Maljonic
Novice

Ok, totally unsympathetic, I've been using godaddy for 12 years now and never made this mistake before, very disappointed:

Discussion Notes

Support Staff Response

Dear Jonathan,

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your offer as this will have a negative impact on the auction, the seller, and the other members participating in the auction. Your offer is a binding contract as stated in the GoDaddy Domain Auction Membership Agreement you accepted when confirming your offer for this domain. You are expected to pay for the domain if the seller accepts your offer. Offers are good for 7 days so if the seller does not accept your offer or push the listing to auction by 1/13/2018 then you will no longer be obligated to pay. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Lisa
Aftermarket Support