cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid on auction and was high bidder, had 2 days left. Now it says 87 days remaining?

I bid on an auction and was high bidder, had 2 days left.  Now it says 87 days remaining?  First, why didnt I win it and can the seller just say it didnt go for enough and relist it? Is there no commitment to sell it?

1 REPLY
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Bid on auction and was high bidder, had 2 days left. Now it says 87 days remaining?

chriswheeler wrote:

I bid on an auction and was high bidder, had 2 days left.  Now it says 87 days remaining?  First, why didnt I win it and can the seller just say it didnt go for enough and relist it? Is there no commitment to sell it?

@chriswheeler It really depends on the domain and the list type. I'm assuming it was either a reserve auction or a simple "offer counter offer" type auction listing from the sounds of it. These types of listings have a countdown and then automatically are relisted, they are not the type of auction such as an expired auction that you'll win if you're the highest bidder when it ends.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I