cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
mehran
Novice

Thought I was buying a domain and I think it's only paying for the Domain Buying service.

I saw that I can buy a domain that is already owned and paid the price it offered, a few moments ago.

I understand now that I've misunderstood and paid this high amount only for the service of reaching the owner!!!

I'm asking to cancel this order and refund me as soon as possible.

Chat support is not available. long distance calls are too expensive and I don't see any other way to contact GoDaddy.

Please contact me asap.

+994 50 5980109

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Thought I was buying a domain and I think it's only paying for the service. Please help!!!

@mehran wrote:

I saw that I can buy a domain that is already owned and paid the price it offered, a few moments ago.

I understand now that I've misunderstood and paid this high amount only for the service of reaching the owner!!!

I'm asking to cancel this order and refund me as soon as possible.

Chat support is not available. long distance calls are too expensive and I don't see any other way to contact GoDaddy.

Please contact me asap.

+994 50 5980109

Thank you.

@mehran It sounds like you signed up for the domain buy/broker service. This is not a purchase of a domain name and per Godaddy's refund policy it is not eligible for a refund. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
mehran
Novice

Re: Thought I was buying a domain and I think it's only paying for the service. Please help!!!

Why not refund? I didn't know these is auction. I think I am paying for the domain. I didn't do anything and I want to cancel this operation. Please, I think you can refund my money.

·        Domain: Auctions, Buy Service (you may request a refund ONLY IF you have not submitted a bid on the domain the service was purchased for), Consolidation or Monitoring

@mehran wrote:

Why not refund? I didn't know these is auction. I think I am paying for the domain. I didn't do anything and I want to cancel this operation. Please, I think you can refund my money.

·        Domain: Auctions, Buy Service (you may request a refund ONLY IF you have not submitted a bid on the domain the service was purchased for), Consolidation or Monitoring

@mehran Yes, if you have not initiated the service then you can receive a refund. You need to contact Godaddy directly with your receipt number, no one on this board can access your account or issue a refund.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Solution

Hi @mehran,

If you have accidentally purchased the Domain Buy Service (as justingodfrey astutely surmised), you best option will be to contact that team at domainbuy@godaddy.com. They are the only ones that will able to review the purchase and cancel it for a refund. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support