cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost

Hello GoDaddy,

I already submitted the transfer request of my current domain which hosted by GoDaddy to get transfer to the DreamHost Registrar and I already got the transfer authorization code after that I got the transfer request via email from DreamHost Registrar to my Godaddy registered email account.

I already approved the transfer request and contacted DreamHost which they told everything done from their side and they are waiting GoDaddy to approve the request.

I already called GoDaddy support by phone from 7 days ago and they told me everything is ok and asked me to contact Dreamhost to speed the process.

Now I am wondering why till this moment my domain not appearing under Pending Transfers Out and not transferred yet to DreamHost Registrar ??????!!!!

I see that a lot of GoDaddy customers complaining from the same issues when they decided to transfer their domain out of GoDaddy Registrar to any other Registrar and some of them already lost their domains because you delayed the process for no reason !!!

I will not accept this to happen to me so I need to finish transferring my Domain out of GoDaddy and finish the business with me in a good way .

Waiting your reply to this as fast as possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Transferring my domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost

@Dody911 wrote:

Hello GoDaddy,

I already submitted the transfer request of my current domain which hosted by GoDaddy to get transfer to the DreamHost Registrar and I already got the transfer authorization code after that I got the transfer request via email from DreamHost Registrar to my Godaddy registered email account.

I already approved the transfer request and contacted DreamHost which they told everything done from their side and they are waiting GoDaddy to approve the request.

I already called GoDaddy support by phone from 7 days ago and they told me everything is ok and asked me to contact Dreamhost to speed the process.

Now I am wondering why till this moment my domain not appearing under Pending Transfers Out and not transferred yet to DreamHost Registrar ??????!!!!

I see that a lot of GoDaddy customers complaining from the same issues when they decided to transfer their domain out of GoDaddy Registrar to any other Registrar and some of them already lost their domains because you delayed the process for no reason !!!

I will not accept this to happen to me so I need to finish transferring my Domain out of GoDaddy and finish the business with me in a good way .

Waiting your reply to this as fast as possible.

@Dody911 You should be able to login to Godaddy here: https://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc50/default.aspx?activeview=transferout&refresh=true&

And then manually release the domain to DreamHost.

--

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

I know that I can login to the link and I already did it again for the one you attached to me, but as I told in my first post till this moment my domain not appear under TRANSFER PENDING OUT
this is why I can’t release it to DreamHost.

I hope this time you understand me.

Now I need urgent reply and action to solve my problem

Hi @Dody911

If you do not see it in the Pending Transfers Out section, it means we do not have a valid request from your future registrar (through the domain Registry) for the domain. If you domain was still locked or had privacy when you made the request, it would not have gone through. You will need to be sure both actions have been done on the domain, then re-initiate - or retry - the transfer at the gaining registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

I've noticed sometimes it takes an hour or so for the domain transfers to show up in the pending transfers dashboard. Likewise, the emails can take any where from 2 minutes to 2 hours to show up in your inbox.

Greg Beddor: Portland SEO Consultant