cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar - .co.uk domain stuck

Hi GoDaddy,
After a couple of calls to you, and to the sending registrar, I'm turning to the community for assistance here.
Basically, I am transferring a bunch of .co.uk's from Freeparking to GoDaddy. Yesterday I transferred 6 of them successfully, and each one took about 5 minutes. However, the last one appears to have got stuck.
18 hours later, still stuck, with the message:

"Processing transfer
We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar, which can take up to 7 days."

So I've contacted Freeparking, and they say that it is no longer with them. Which, if you go and do a whois on the domain name, they are right - it is with GoDaddy.

All GoDaddy are telling me is that it takes 5 to 7 days. Which is all well and good, except - I can't do anything with this domain name for 5 to 7 days, i can't use DNS, create records or anything. Thank goodness it wasn't a live domain or otherwise that would take a company out for 5 to 7 days.

I would like to transfer the rest of the domain names, but all of them are being used by companies. Surely you don't expect companies to not have email or a website for 5 to 7 days while a domain transfers?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar - .co.uk domain stuck

Hi @cdata,

I would set up a redirect first to 'the mother ship' if I thought it would take 7 days. My client's would be redirected until the transfer was complete, at which stage 'normal service' would be regained, no?

New

I'm not sure what you mean @Anonymous</a>

If you mean keep the DNS Servers pointing to the existing ones while the transfer is in process, then yes definitely. I only change the DNS Servers after transfer is complete. But, for some reason, doing an NS lookup for Name Servers, comes back with nothing, zilch, nada. The domain name currently has no records, and after calling GoDaddy and the registrar I'm transferring from, there is nothing I can do until the transfer is complete. This is part of the issue.

Apart from that, I've no idea what you mean, sorry.

New

Still waiting!

"

Processing transfer

We're waiting for approval from the sending registrar, which can take up to 7 days.

"