cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GoDaddy hosted website is all-of-a-sudden inaccessible. I changed nothing, but can't even FTP.

I do not know when it first happened, but my website no longer works (theportablelifestyle.com). I cannot access it through a browser nor via FTP. The IP numbers shown in the account (50.63.123.1) do not go to my site, but rather opens a page which says, "pageok" and nothing else.

The domain is registered by Network Solutions yet hosted by GoDaddy. This arrangement has been live for almost 10 years and I have not changed anything on my end. Everything worked fine a week ago. The IP numbers currently showing on the Network Solutions (72.167.183.56) account also go nowhere (Sorry! This site is not currently available.).

These IPs are different although I did not change anything. HELP!

What is the problem? Was there a change or upgrade that I wasn't informed of? Have the IP numbers changed? What needs to be done to fix this? What can I do to fix it QUICKLY? What happened?!

Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: My GoDaddy hosted website is all-of-a-sudden inaccessible. I changed nothing, but can't even FTP

@Laszona wrote:

I do not know when it first happened, but my website no longer works (theportablelifestyle.com). I cannot access it through a browser nor via FTP. The IP numbers shown in the account (50.63.123.1) do not go to my site, but rather opens a page which says, "pageok" and nothing else.

The domain is registered by Network Solutions yet hosted by GoDaddy. This arrangement has been live for almost 10 years and I have not changed anything on my end. Everything worked fine a week ago. The IP numbers currently showing on the Network Solutions (72.167.183.56) account also go nowhere (Sorry! This site is not currently available.).

These IPs are different although I did not change anything. HELP!

What is the problem? Was there a change or upgrade that I wasn't informed of? Have the IP numbers changed? What needs to be done to fix this? What can I do to fix it QUICKLY? What happened?!

Thanks for any help!

@Laszona The domain isn't currently hosted with Godaddy. If it were hosted with Godaddy the nameservers would be "domaincontrol.com", your nameservers are worldnic. Did you let the domain expire? It doesn't appear to have been updated since June of 2017 so this issue has probably been going on since that time.

Domain Name: THEPORTABLELIFESTYLE.COM 
  Registry Domain ID: 1515596931_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN 
  Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com 
  Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com 
  Updated Date: 2017-06-23T07:24:53Z 
  Creation Date: 2008-08-22T11:15:21Z 
  Registry Expiry Date: 2018-08-22T11:15:21Z 
  Registrar: Network Solutions, LLC. 
  Registrar IANA ID: 2 
  Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com 
  Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8003337680 
  Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited 
  Name Server: NS53.WORLDNIC.COM 
  Name Server: NS54.WORLDNIC.COM 

-----

Re: My GoDaddy hosted website is all-of-a-sudden inaccessible. I changed nothing, but can't even FTP

The domain has always been registered to Network Solutions. The domain has always been hosted by GoDaddy. The domain was completely accessible no longer than two weeks ago. There was no problem then and the domain has not expired.

Super User II
Super User II

@Laszona wrote:

The domain has always been registered to Network Solutions. The domain has always been hosted by GoDaddy. The domain was completely accessible no longer than two weeks ago. There was no problem then and the domain has not expired.

@Laszona The problem is with your nameservers. Godaddy does not use worldnic nameservers, that's Network Solutions. Login to your Godaddy hosting account and get your nameservers and then update your domain's nameservers to those.

--

I didn't change anything on either GD nor NS and this has worked for YEARS!

Where do I change the nameservers? When I log into my GoDaddy account and look at this domain, it shows ns47.domaincontrol.com & ns48.domaincontrol.com as my nameservers. Where are you seeing the worldnic?

Again, as I said, I changed NOTHING and the domain was accessible a week or two ago.