• How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Help with traffic and getting sales

I created my site over a month ago and barely get any traffic. I have implemented as many long-tail keywords to improve SEO as I think I can.  I have used Facebook ads a few times to try to drive some traffic but according to Google Analytics they are only on the site for a few seconds then exit. And the traffic I got has barely been 100 within a month. I have a target group for my ads or post boosts. I was advised to get my social media followers up but I am not seeing that drive me any traffic from simple FB post boosts. My last ad sent traffic directly to my web site which gave me the majority of my site visitors. Since I am selling designer handbags, I am targeting women between the ages of 30 to 60. Is that too broad or narrow? Is there something on my site I can improve to better engage the potential customer? Please take a look at fabhandbagsonline.com. Any and all advise is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User I

@Niecy 

Nice start with your site -- love when I run into sites with stunning product photos -- so you got that covered! 😉

The thing is a month in Internet time is like 10 seconds.   It's going to take time and *a lot* more marketing to get found.  It doesn't just happen, you have to work it!   (Adding keywords in of itself is not the magic bullet.) 

For example if you do a search on Google for designer handbags you get: "About 218,000,000 results".    And in the search results only one non-ad listing above the fold -- for Neiman Marcus -- a very established high-end brand.  Below the fold are all established big-box or online brands.  Tough to compete with that.  So you need to be different.

Start by redoing your About Us page -- is there an "us" or is it just you?  Make your About page about you -- not the generic about the site stuff that could apply to any site like yours or, as in your case, is more conducive to a policy page. 

If you think about it, you have one thing all the other sites do not have -- you.  Use YOU to your advantage.  Talk about how you started your business, why you do this, why you can be trusted.  Have a photo of yourself and add a tad of personal information so that visitors can get to know you.  

Folks like doing business with those they like and can relate to.  Use your story as a way to accomplish that by writing as though you are talking to that one person on the other side of the screen.

Then possibly include a fashion blog (also very competitive market) where you can share handbag or fashion tips.  This will allow you to create more content that you can also post to your socials and possibly attract more visitors.

The pricing range you are in is not your "impulse buy" market.  This means you really need to build your trust factor by having a whole lot more information on policies and procedures.  You don't want to leave anything to question or for a potential customer to wonder about.

Create an order policy page where you go in great detail about shipping (timeframes, carriers and cost), return policy -- and process.  Much more detail than what you have at the bottom of every page.   Also add a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page where you provide the answers to every possible question you can think of that potential customers may ask (or need to know if they are hesitating). 

This is how you better engage potential customers -- having a basic eCom shop just won't accomplish that.

The traffic you mention sounds like bots.  Over time your analytics will prove out what is really going on with your site -- that too takes time to build your data and then be able to see any patterns that form that you can address or take advantage of.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I

@Niecy 

Nice start with your site -- love when I run into sites with stunning product photos -- so you got that covered! 😉

The thing is a month in Internet time is like 10 seconds.   It's going to take time and *a lot* more marketing to get found.  It doesn't just happen, you have to work it!   (Adding keywords in of itself is not the magic bullet.) 

For example if you do a search on Google for designer handbags you get: "About 218,000,000 results".    And in the search results only one non-ad listing above the fold -- for Neiman Marcus -- a very established high-end brand.  Below the fold are all established big-box or online brands.  Tough to compete with that.  So you need to be different.

Start by redoing your About Us page -- is there an "us" or is it just you?  Make your About page about you -- not the generic about the site stuff that could apply to any site like yours or, as in your case, is more conducive to a policy page. 

If you think about it, you have one thing all the other sites do not have -- you.  Use YOU to your advantage.  Talk about how you started your business, why you do this, why you can be trusted.  Have a photo of yourself and add a tad of personal information so that visitors can get to know you.  

Folks like doing business with those they like and can relate to.  Use your story as a way to accomplish that by writing as though you are talking to that one person on the other side of the screen.

Then possibly include a fashion blog (also very competitive market) where you can share handbag or fashion tips.  This will allow you to create more content that you can also post to your socials and possibly attract more visitors.

The pricing range you are in is not your "impulse buy" market.  This means you really need to build your trust factor by having a whole lot more information on policies and procedures.  You don't want to leave anything to question or for a potential customer to wonder about.

Create an order policy page where you go in great detail about shipping (timeframes, carriers and cost), return policy -- and process.  Much more detail than what you have at the bottom of every page.   Also add a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page where you provide the answers to every possible question you can think of that potential customers may ask (or need to know if they are hesitating). 

This is how you better engage potential customers -- having a basic eCom shop just won't accomplish that.

The traffic you mention sounds like bots.  Over time your analytics will prove out what is really going on with your site -- that too takes time to build your data and then be able to see any patterns that form that you can address or take advantage of.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Broken crayons still color." Anon

View solution in original post

Thank so much for your reply and I will definitely apply your advise. I know it takes time, I just wanted to start off on the right foot.