• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

This site can't be reached plus downtime and de-activated plugins!

What a week!?

5 chats now with agents online or on phone and no further resolution.

So Tuesday 10th I get an email from DownNotifier that my site was down. Was down for an hour so got on a chat to GoDaddy.

After investigation, my IP/DNS settings needed updating. Problem = I originally bought domain name via GSuite/Blogger so the domain is on a "reseller account."

And when I moved to GoDaddy for Managed Wordpress, a new account was setup. Everything worked so never questioned it until Tuesday.

So the agent (in the end) updated the IP/DNS (there was an error message in My Settings) and site back online. OK.

Since then, I've had approx 12-15 emails a day saying site down for 1-2 mins and sometimes when trying to view a page it has the This site can't be reached error.

Everytime I chat I get a response saying "site is online and pages loading fine, we can't replicate issue etc etc."

Nobody can solve it. They wanted me to start editing core files to setup PHP monitoring - I can't do that and don't want to mess my site up.

Oddly, before this my WordFence plugin was deleted and now I can't restore as it says Installation failed: Destination folder already exists and today, 10 CRITICAL plugins had been de-activated on my site.

I've put lots of hard work to get my site to what it is after moving to GoDaddy (site crashed on previous host and he hadn't been backing up) so had to rebuild 18 months of content.

Now I am worried rankings/earnings affected plus who knows when next batch of plugins will deactivate themselves.

They tried to fix by restoring from a point before 10th but no good (same errors etc) and nobody seems to want to help or know what to do.

One agent said this about the problem:

Thank you for the code, it seems that your domain is in reseller account, due to which it is pointing to google API, you could contact our reseller customer team to move your domain to your godaddy account, which will move the DNS servers to your godaddy.  

Let me share you our reseller customer's support number, they would be able to move the domain to your godaddy account, once the domain is moved, it will configure the website with your domain automatically, and there are less chances of your website going down as it is already using godaddy nameservers.  

Phoned them and guess what... didn't move it.

This site can't be reached.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: This site can't be reached plus downtime and de-activated plugins!

I am so sorry you are running into so much trouble! Everything I am reading on the error in the screenshot is saying it isn't due to the server. Here is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDLWgpQENgg. Was everyone getting that same error? I would suggest setting up error logs on the site so you can go back in time and look at what has been going on. Here is an article to do that on your site: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-set-up-wordpress-error-logs-in-wp-config/. Other than that I would just keep trying to reach out to support to get information on what direction to go in. Good luck and I hope this gets resolved soon!

Jena C | GoDaddy | Advanced Care | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support |

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Employee
    Employee

Is the website's A record pointing to your hosting ip or a wordfence ip? You can go to a site called whatsmydns.net to see where the A record is pointing (this is the record for your website). In your hosting you will find the hosting ip address and you can verify that these match. As far as the deactivated plugins, you can connect to your site and view the files using many different methods depending upon the hosting. Once in the files you will go to the "wp-content" folder/directory in there you will see another folder/directory called "plugins". You should see folders for those plugins that have been renamed with .disable or .bak or something along those lines. Any time you put a .something on the end of the plugin folder it will disable it and not allow you to reinstall it. These may have been left disabled because they were causing issues or by mistake. That being said I found out that the error you provided below doesn't seem to be related to the actual site but to your browser and/or computer: https://www.incrediblelab.com/fix-err-connection-closed-error/ I hope this helps!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciate it!

OK so I checked the link you provided vs. domain DNS and they match. I still think the issue (based on what GoDaddy said is something to do with the hosting being via Gsuite/re-seller account - but why this has started to become an issue I don't know. Nor do they...)

I managed to remove the Wordfence folder via FTP and then re-install it so that is fine. Still no idea how those 10 plugins de-activated themselves.

Biggest issue is number of times site is going offline (95 notifications now since 10th Dec) and the error screen print in original post. Which is to do with the site not browser as I have replicated it on two browsers on two machines at work plus my fiance got the same error at her work and a colleague also got it on his phone when viewing desktop version.

Since Tuesday 10th and whatever was changed the site is not right and GoDaddy do not want to help or know how to fix it.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

I am so sorry you are running into so much trouble! Everything I am reading on the error in the screenshot is saying it isn't due to the server. Here is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDLWgpQENgg. Was everyone getting that same error? I would suggest setting up error logs on the site so you can go back in time and look at what has been going on. Here is an article to do that on your site: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-set-up-wordpress-error-logs-in-wp-config/. Other than that I would just keep trying to reach out to support to get information on what direction to go in. Good luck and I hope this gets resolved soon!

View solution in original post