Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Record Help - Crazy Client Setup with Crappy Hosting Company

Hey Everyone - 

So we have a client... well, they're a nightmare client, and they bought their domain once it became available through one of those cut-rate hosting companies called Champ Domains.  There is 0 customer support through them and cannot get the password needed to transfer the domain to GoDaddy.

For some reason, they have A Records setup for their current site we're rebuilding.  (see below)  I've never seen A Records setup like this (3 of them) all pointing to static IPs.

2017-09-21_09-30-16.png

I'm trying to use this domain on Unbounce for the landing pages that we're building, which requires me to update both the A record and create a CNAME pointing to Unbounce.  When I try to create a CNAME for the www it says that it's already in use (shown here as an A Record).  

What's my best plan of attack here?  Delete the www A Record and recreate as a CNAME?  Also, the fields available in this crappy hosting site aren't the same as GoDaddy.

CHAMP DOMAINS

2017-09-21_09-34-25.png

GoDADDY

2017-09-21_09-37-19.png

There's nothing that needs to be preserved with regards to the current URL/site - we just need to move it to the Unbounce Landing Page while we're working on things.  Thanks SO MUCH for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @mattdollinger,

Intriguing, hmmmmm

Can't see the pics you posted yet ( a delay somewhere). Could you possible just give me the domain name? I will look into it thanks.

Sure Ramm - Don't know why you can't see the photos.  I couldn't see them until I logged in to GD as well. 

Regardless, the domain is www.TheHampdens.com

Looking forward to your findings!

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @mattdollinger,

I still can't see any screenshots you uploaded and obviously champ domains want a login pass.....

They have a 'contact' option and I would use it. I found a rats nest to be honest, and it would take me a weekend to work through it. Charge your client accordingly.................

I come across this problem often by folk trying to save a few dollars now, to pay back their new developer later...................... don't be sucked in. I'm not..........sorry!