cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Google Domain/ Go Daddy Hosting - Connection Issue

Hello, 

I purchased a google domain that has hosting with Go Daddy. Can someone please advise how I add this domain to my Go Daddy account? I did contact support and they said it would be connected in 48 hours but I still cannot see it and its been a lot longer than 48 hours. Is there anyway I can do it myself? 

Regards

Sarah 

13 REPLIES 13
Solution

Re: Google Domain/ Go Daddy Hosting - Connection Issue

Sarah,

Your GoDaddy hosting account has some special codes called Name Servers.  You need to make sure that your Google domain is set up with these codes.  This is how they communicate together. 

You can find your GoDaddy name servers (NS) by following these steps:

1. From All Products, click Domains, and Manage  (I am assuming that you do not see your Google domain here.  If you DO see it, please DO NOT follow any more steps... just rephrase your question)

2. In the top-right of this screen, make sure you have selected "List View"

3. Click the yellow "+ More" button in the menu

4. Click "add off-site"

5. Enter the domain that you'd like to add

Now you can view the name servers.  It will look like this:

"ns00.domaincontrol.com"

"ns01.domaincontrol.com"

Copy these down safely. 

Now log into your Google Domains account.  Edit the DNS (domain name servers) records to reflect the NS codes that you got from GoDaddy. 

It will take 15 minutes to 48 hours.  If it takes longer than 48 hours to work, something went wrong.  Such is the frustrating life of those of us who work with domains daily...

Hope that helps!

- Nick

Thanks, 

I think I figured it out!

I thought I had already done what you suggested but after looking at it again I had missed something. 

I needed to go to 'nameservers' and select 'custom' change. 

Hopefully it moves within 48 hours or I will get google to check their end of things. 

Thanks 

Sarah 

there's no option to "add off-site" as per step 4 suggests. What now?

New

Go to https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/dcc

Select the drop down for DNS

Select Add DNS Hosting

Enter your domain name

Choose Manage DNS

Enter the DNS records your domain name provider told you to enter.

I am trying to do this also and when I click on next after entering my domain name it tells me that the domain is owned by someone else or is in a different shopper account. I bought the domain through  g suites but it is registered through go daddy.

Hello I am having the same problem, where I click next and it says it is owned by someone else even though I bought it through G-Suit and it is also registered through GoDaddy, you posted this a while ago, where you able to find a solution, if so can you please help me.

Go to Domains -> DNS Management -> Manage Zones and then type in your domain. It will show you name servers records. Add those in google domains. Also, add the ip address.

Adjust TTL values to something short. Your domain should now work even tho it may not show up in domains yet.

This worked for me.

I"m having the same issue others have posted above -- no option to 'add off-site' (instead 'cancel off-site' is greyed out?) from the list.

Also when I try to add the domain via Add DNS Hosting, it tells me it's owned by someone else or in a different shopper account, and if I try to add DNS hosting via G Suite it says it's already hosted!

I'm trying to build a site for a client and I haven't used this set up before, it's really doing my head in.

Any updates available on how to fix this? Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @redlikeafox. That error usually means that the domain is registered in another GoDaddy account or a reseller of GoDaddy. Some Google domains are managed this way. If you're not able to add the DNS hosting, you'll need to either manage it in the Google account it's in or use a 3rd party DNS hosting service and manage it there. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I am facing the same problem.

I changed the A record on my google domain (while keeping google Nameservers) to point to my godaddy hosting. 

It started showing the parking page of godaddy but nothing more. When I contacted support, they said it will take time but will work. It has been 2 days but no change.

Now I just updated the NS from google to godaddy.. although i am not sure that is the right thing to do.. There is no clarity on this. Can someone help. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Neo1. If you were using Google nameservers and pointing to the IP for a Website Builder or hosting plan, but saw a GoDaddy parked page, then it seems possible that the wrong IP was entered. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers but still having trouble, I'd make sure you have the correct nameservers. This article should help you find the right information. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I tried this, but when i give my domain, i'm getting an error saying that the 'Domain Not found'. I have no idea what to do here.I have tried all steps mentioned above and got the same results as mentioned in the replies.

Newbie here.

Thank in advance!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jince_george. Thanks for posting. Since this thread has covered a number of topics, it's a little unclear what you mean when you "tried this". I'd recommend starting a new thread with a bit more information about what you're trying to do and where you're seeing the "domain not found" message. That will help others offer suggestions to help you move forward.