cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to transfer expired Godaddy website builder to wordpress?

I have a website builder site linked to my domain - I want to create a new site in cPanel hosting and when I called GoDaddy - I was told I needed to unlink the domain from the WebSite Builder - I am unable to find where to unlink the domain based on the instructions provided (Website builder - domain settings, etc)  Please help to unlink the domain from the site builder.

When I am in cPanel hosting, I am unable to find my own domain until it is unlinked from the WebSite Builder - thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: How to transfer expired Godaddy website builder to wordpress?

Hello!

At GoDaddy, a domain can only be in use with one hosting plan at any given time. This is to avoid confusion down the road with which one is the proper plan.

To be able to assign a domain to a hosting plan, it must be freed up from any previous hosting plans. If the Help articles have not been helpful with guiding you through removing your domain from its current hosting plan, our Support staff would be happy to assist with guiding you through the process!

After removing the domain from its current hosting plan, it can take up to 24 hours to free up for use on another hosting plan.

Hope this helps!

Paul D. | Advanced Technical Support
24/7 Support at x.co/247support