Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
hanama
New

I updated my profile information but new domian purchases default to old information...why?

Hi, I updated my profile information a week or so ago because of a change of address and country. In my profile, my current address and information is shown correctly, but after purchasing 5 or 6 domains in the last couple of days, I noticed that these domains (under the same account name) all have my old profile information which I have to now change every time I make a domain purchase. Any reason why? It's becoming quite annoying. Can't find any exact similar topics on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@hanama wrote:

Hi, I updated my profile information a week or so ago because of a change of address and country. In my profile, my current address and information is shown correctly, but after purchasing 5 or 6 domains in the last couple of days, I noticed that these domains (under the same account name) all have my old profile information which I have to now change every time I make a domain purchase. Any reason why? It's becoming quite annoying. Can't find any exact similar topics on it.

@hanama You'll need to change this in your "domain defaults" section here: https://mya.godaddy.com/settings.aspx?settingstab=buyerprofile

For the already registered domains, go into your domain manager, click the checkboxes next to the domains then click "contacts" and "contact information" on the top menu above the domains to update the current contact/whois information.

---

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@hanama wrote:

@hanama You'll need to change this in your "domain defaults" section here: https://mya.godaddy.com/settings.aspx?settingstab=buyerprofile

For the already registered domains, go into your domain manager, click the checkboxes next to the domains then click "contacts" and "contact information" on the top menu above the domains to update the current contact/whois information.

---

View solution in original post

Thanks justinggodfrey for your assistance. After I updated my contact information to the new information, I went back as you described and changed the contact information for the old domains. Currently all my domains have the new contact information not the old information. However, I bought some more domains only yesterday, and their domain information defaulted to the old information. If I have updated my Go Daddy contact information and now it displays correctly when I click on it, why do new names that I register automatically default to the old information (information which appears to be nonexistant as I updated it). Cheers