Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
asteffes
New

International domain name renewals are slow to update

How long does it normally take for the WHOIS record of an international domain to reflect a renewal once GoDaddy has processed payment for the renewal?

Phone support assures me "everything is fine" with our international renewals and that it "just takes some time" but they have not told me how long this process takes. We have some domains expiring within two weeks and are concerned about the lack of concrete information about when the renewal with actually be reflected in the WHOIS records. Some of the domains are held by trustees in Europe which could introduce additional dependencies and, therefore, delays.

Any advice appreciated.

-Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Heather
Employee

Hello @asteffes!

Thank you for posting. This really depends on the TLD type. It's also situational. Most will update within 24 hours. Which TLD was the domain you're referring to? 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Heather
Employee

Hello @asteffes!

Thank you for posting. This really depends on the TLD type. It's also situational. Most will update within 24 hours. Which TLD was the domain you're referring to? 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Hi, Heather. It was in .it. myfitnesspal.it, specifically.

Thanks.

We renewed the domain with GoDaddy but the pubic WHOIS record still shows the 2017 expiration date. Why would this be and how can we ensure the domain's public WHOIS information will not become unavailable on the expiration date?

Thanks,

Adam

Hey @asteffes,

Not sure if you still needed help with this, but I did a public look up on your domain and seems to be showing the new expiration set to 2018-11-28. It may have just needed some time to update in the registry database as @Heather mentioned. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator