Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
vdesignu
New

Need to recover Godaddy Account from Ex-Employee. (Both Hosting & Domain)

Dear Community Users.
Need Help.

One of my new client has lost his GoDaddy domain account details with his ex-employee.

His ex-employee outsourced the website work to some guy. So we totally lost the details of the website domain name & hosting.

The guy who did the website he purchased a domain & hosting from his personal account.
The Ex-employee left the country and it's very hard to reach him to get the details. So now the task is to recover domain & hosting.

The domain name is connected to G-suit. So we have the domain email accounts & we also have all the company licenses & tax certificates everything legal. The company is registered in Saudi Arabia. This is the domain name: http://sasa-salt.com/

Please suggest me how should I recover the domain name & hosting, what is the procedure & how long it will take to do so.

After searching I found this https://my.godaddy.com/help/regain-access-to-my-domain-or-my-account-4043 & this http://changeupdate.com/ 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@vdesignu 

The instructions on the page that you linked to are the steps you need to take - This is something that has to go through GoDaddy directly and is bit of manual process.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User IV

@vdesignu 

The instructions on the page that you linked to are the steps you need to take - This is something that has to go through GoDaddy directly and is bit of manual process.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @vdesignu,

Welcome to the Community. 

The answer/confirmation provided by @PL281 is correct. To regain access to the hosting and the account, the request will need to be submitted by the party whose name appears on the account. The email address can then be updated for you to regain access.

If the party on the account is not available, then you may use the registrant name on the domain - along with the appropriate ID - to recover the domain. All of the steps must be done through the email submission as detailed in the help article. No Community members or general customer care agents can assist with this action. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us