Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beard1878
New

New Branding

Hi, 

We currently have a GO Daddy domain, but will be re branding slightly. So our name is beard of Liverpool  www.beardofliverpool.com and we will be changing the company name to just "beard", but we will still have the regional option on the site. What is the best way to go about this? Do I buy a new domain and link it all together so searches for Beard of Liverpool and Beard all go to the one site ? 

Sorry we are new to this, just after a little guidance.

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@beard1878 wrote:

Hi, 

We currently have a GO Daddy domain, but will be re branding slightly. So our name is beard of Liverpool  www.beardofliverpool.com and we will be changing the company name to just "beard", but we will still have the regional option on the site. What is the best way to go about this? Do I buy a new domain and link it all together so searches for Beard of Liverpool and Beard all go to the one site ? 

Mark

@beard1878 Hi Mark! Here's my opinion, if you're going to change your name to simply "Beard" I would register the domain BeardUK(.)com, its a domain that was registered for 6 years and recently dropped. You could use that as your main site but you'll also want to keep your current site up just for SEO purposes. If someone types BEARD into Google the odds of them finding your site are slim. You could also modify your logo to say Beard on top and just UK on the bottom. You could also just forward bearduk(.)com to your current site or put your existing site on the new domain forward your existing domain to the new domain.

Thanks Justin, 

Sounds good ! 

Can we change the websites address we have now to say www.bearduk.com and have any incoming traffic for Beard of Liverpool directed there, so say someone still has an old business card ?

And if someone searches Beard of Liverpool and clicks on the link it goes to BeardUK? 

Thanks 

Mark 

justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@beard1878 wrote:

Hi, 

Mark

@beard1878 looks like you took my advice on the new name, I personally like it a lot and was surprised it was available! Best of luck to you.

We did !! 😄 is it possible to link them all now.. so when you search beard of Liverpool you click on the link but are taken to bearduk.com

@beard1878 wrote:
We did !! 😄 is it possible to link them all now.. so when you search beard of Liverpool you click on the link but are taken to bearduk.com

@beard1878 That would probably require you to migrate your site to the new domain and then simply forward your old domain to the new site.

--