Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Update domain info (email received)

I got the following email:

GoDaddy

24/7 Support: +1 (480) 505-8877

Charles Kuttner — Customer Number: XXXXX

ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, requires us to ask you to review and update your detailsfor the following domain(s):

KUTTNER.NAME

I’m omitting some of the info, such as login info that was provided, but my customer number was correct. 

I’m concerned this may be a phishing attempt rather than legitimate, particularly since if I log in directly to godaddy.com, I can find a place to update my details. Cisco (through my system) said this looked like phishing to them.

Anyone know if this is for real, and if so, how to verify my domain info on godaddy.com site without that click-through?

Thanks in advance....oh, one bonus: when I tried to post this, I got the following  message: “Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.” Sounding more and more like phishing...

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: Update domain info (email received)

Hi @Ckuttner

The domain appears to be in an active status with no need for verification. You can go into the account and check the domain in the Domain Manager. If the status area for the domain there reads "active", no further action is needed. If the status read "Whois verification required", you only need to click that red-colored alert and approve from the email sent by that action. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Update domain info (email received)

Thank you. I think this was indeed a phishing attempt.