cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Webpage not available

Any idea on why this shows up for some people and not for others? 
You can refresh and it loads usually.. but it deters some people from visiting. 
Id really LOVE to fix it.  

51435144_800284903646381_535155317378383872_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Webpage not available

HI @curlycuejess. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It looks like you've maybe been able to resolve this issue. I'm forwarded to your LuLaRoe site when I visit shop.jesscsmith.com. If so, please consider following up here with the steps you took to resolve the issue. Others may benefit from what you've experienced. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

It seems to work for some people but a TON of people are getting the error the first time they use my link, which is frustrating because some people DONT retry or refresh. Im missing out on sales because of it!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@curlycuejess - Looking at your screenshot, it looks like this is the browser within Facebook. I was able to reproduce the issue consistently by sharing a forwarded domain without a protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) and then clicking on it. However, if I share the link with the HTTP protocol (http://domain.com), I don't see the error. My guess is that when you don't include the protocol Facebook assumes it is supposed to use HTTPS, which is not possible with our domain forwarding. It then can't make the connection and gives the error. I'm not sure why it specifies the HTTP protocol in the error, but I'd suggest trying http://shop.jesscsmith.com any time you share your link and see if that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.