cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
SA-705
New

What are the next steps after buying a domain transfer?

Hello

I have payed for the domain transfer. Now it is asking me for the Transaction ID and security code. Where do i get that from? The email it showed me,ive also emailed on that but so far i dont have any response from there. What do i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

There is a great video on how to Transfer domain names to GoDaddy. In your case @SA-705 when you purchased your domain transfer you will have received an email with the Transaction ID and Security Code, the other thing you need is the Authorization Code or (EPP) I don't know if the domain is a GoDaddy domain that you control but here is how to Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to GoDaddy. If you purchased this domain from somebody you would receive the Authorization Code from them. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

There is a great video on how to Transfer domain names to GoDaddy. In your case @SA-705 when you purchased your domain transfer you will have received an email with the Transaction ID and Security Code, the other thing you need is the Authorization Code or (EPP) I don't know if the domain is a GoDaddy domain that you control but here is how to Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to GoDaddy. If you purchased this domain from somebody you would receive the Authorization Code from them. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Thanks @rd

Is there any way i can change my admin email so that the transfer id and security is mailed to the new email id?

so what happens if the email that is assoicated with your domain was put there by Yahoo/Aabaco and not me and I have no way to access the email.  Plus Yahoo no longer supports the domain registry since they sold it to Aabaco and they don't respond to support calls.

Anyone have any idea on how to do a transfer in that situation?

Thanks

Baraa
New

i have purchased a  transferre action

and i got the epp code

but i do not know what to do next and i do not know the

Hi everyone,

I have a problem regarding transfer of domain, when I enter the domain name and click ok the message is unavailable for transfer, I already have the code with me.  

Were you able to get this sorted out?  If you're still having trouble, can you clarify where the domain is currently registered and where you are trying to transfer?  To GoDaddy from another registrar, or from GoDaddy to another registrar?  

MPC