cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

paid for a domain and extras but unsure whether i own it not?

hi , I need a bit of advice.

I bought a domain name aswell as extras like the Microsoft email, search engine add on and website builder free trial. but im not sure if I actually own the domain or not. I cant use my email address as the godaddy set up wizard that activates after buying the domain, hasn't updated and sent me an email so I can start setting up the domains email system.

when I searched and paid for the domain name it said that the domain name was already taken and that godaddy would try and get the domain from the owner and give it to me for a commission. but I haven't receieved any kind of information as to whether that is happening, what the processing time is etc, all my add ons that im paying for are running from the moment my money cleared, so im paying for services I cant use for a domain that I don't even know if I own.

any advice would be great, the online chat and phone numbers are out of hours at the moment , or I would have called them straight away.

any info or advice would be great.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: paid for a domain and extras but unsure whether i own it not?

Hi @samj86

It sounds like you purchased our domain buy service. If you meant to purchase the actual domain, you will want to reach out to our support team to discuss your options. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support