Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk65
New

trying to add a delegation to a domain I own ...

This is made worse by the completely incorrect and misuse of the term "subdomain" by GoDaddy (and every other web hosting co. in existence). I'm trying to add a subdomain (NOT a host record), that is, for domain uxko.co, I want another zone within it named "ik.uxko.co", but I need to add NS records. The Manage DNS page does have a drop down for "nameserver" but it just produces an error when trying to add a delegation. How can I add NS records like:

ik.uxko.co.  IN NS ns1.zoneami.com.

Why is this completely trivial and common dns task so hidden and difficult to accomplish?

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @tk65

Thanks for joining GoDaddy Community!

In researching this, I see that you've been able to set the necessary nameservers for your subdomain. As you may have figured out, you need to switch your domain manager to "list" view, select the specific domain, and then manage the DNS for that domain. That will give you additional options, including the ability to add different nameservers for a subdomain. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.
tomfisk
New

I've put 4 of my domains in a folder and have invited another individual to be an administrator.  That person has accepted.  I've assigned the folder to that person.  However, when he logs in he doesn't see any domains to manage.

Is the folder feature of domain management working?

I am running across the same issue. This feature is broken. We cannot simply delegate access to all of our domains to someone. That would seem like a bad idea for a few reasons, no?