cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
AmishCake
New

Desktop Notifier not updating emails on Windows 10 machine

Let me clarify what I mean. I have used this program for many years and on many computers and it's always worked flawlessly, including on a few Windows 10 machines. I just bought a new Alienware computer with Windows 10 Home and installed the Desktop Notifier on it, set up my 3 GoDaddy email accounts on it, but the new email notifications are not updating.

That is, when I mark them read, delete them, mark spam, etc. from the notifications popup window, they keep coming back over and over, no matter how many times I mark them. It's very annoying. I am signed in. I've tried expanding the window and clicking. I've clicked in, and the emails in question are gone from my actual accounts. But they won't. go. away. 😞

How can I resolve this extremely annoying problem, please??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JesseW, I've just gotten off the phone with Support, and they told me that Desktop Notifier is no longer being updated and it is having a harder time working with newer computers. The solution is for people to now use Office 365 or set up regular Outlook or their mobile device to notify them. Thanks anyway for your response and I hope this helps anyone else who runs into the same problem.

Farewell, Desktop Notifier - you did a great job all these years 😕

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @AmishCake. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I'm not sure what would cause this. It sounds like the account isn't syncing properly. That can happen if you have too many emails stored in your inbox (over 20k). If that's not the case, then I recommend checking with our support team so they can make sure the account is synchronized properly. Hopefully that will fix the issue. If not, please update here and hopefully additional suggestions will come. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW, I've just gotten off the phone with Support, and they told me that Desktop Notifier is no longer being updated and it is having a harder time working with newer computers. The solution is for people to now use Office 365 or set up regular Outlook or their mobile device to notify them. Thanks anyway for your response and I hope this helps anyone else who runs into the same problem.

Farewell, Desktop Notifier - you did a great job all these years 😕

View solution in original post

JesseW
Community Manager

@AmishCake Thanks for the update! Good information to have. I'm sure it will help others going forward too!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.