Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfranzs
New

Disabling 2FA For Outlook Email

Hi,

I'm trying to disable 2FA on my GoDaddy email, and can't find where to do so:
 - The help page at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028586/microsoft-account-turning-two-step-verification-on-... tells me to go to the "Two-step verification" in my security section, but I don't see this.
 - There's no button under 2-Step Verification for this in my account security.

Where can I do this? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @mfranzs and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to get this issue fixed, I have researched how to troubleshoot the issue and found these steps from the Managing Multi-Factor Authentication help guide:

After you're signed in, go to the  Additional Security Verification page. There are two sections for you to manage:

• What's your preferred option? — Choose your default verification option.
  • How would you like to respond? — You can choose one or more options for authenticating your account.

Note: If you're going to change the preferred authentication option, you'll want to make sure the field for that option is filled out in the "how would you like to respond" section.

Again I apologize for the late response and I hope these steps were helpful for disabling two-factor authentication.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!