cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Export Distribution Lists from Workspace Email

It appears that I cannot export the distribution list contacts but can only export the entire address book.  

First - Am I wrong & there actually is a way to export the individual distribution lists?

Second - If not, is there a way to add a field to the .csv that is downloaded to include what distribution lists each contact in my address book is in?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Distribution Lists

Hey @TWESPTA

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Sounds like you're referring to our WorkSpace accounts. On your first question, you're not wrong. There's no way to export distribution lists from here. 

Into your second question, I'm not sure on this one. If you were looking to import it into another Workspace address book, it wouldn't work. However, I can't say for certain if other email clients would allow for that. In my experience, I've haven't had success with this on my own.

Perhaps another member reviewing this discussion who has had success creating a new CSV column to include a distro could share their experience? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Really?  Is this a professional site?  

I can't export a list of email addresses to my other email that is also on Workspace or to a CSV list?  

Wow! 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bjahnsen. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

What @CG was confirming is that you can't export distribution lists. However, you can export and import your address book in CSV format. For more information on that, please check this article

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Wow. So all the work I just went to creating a distribution list in Godaddy can't be exported. 
Not convenient.  Are there any email systems that allow one to export a distribution list?

Come on GoDaddy. This is poorly thought out. We need you to think ahead and pay attention to the problems with your systems. This is a problem from over 3 years ago and you still haven't fixed it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really disappointing.

and you have no idea how many hours... hundreds that we have put into creating distribution lists that cannot even be used. really really disappointed.

a year later and still not solved... not good.

Please correct this Godaddy!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a very REAL problem.

New

It does seem pretty simple for Godaddy to implement exporting a distribution list, even if it's only to another workspace email. Not having the option makes it very challenging to collaborate with my staff. I'm also upset that neither of the moderators, nor anyone else from Godaddy has explained their position or let us know that our concerns are being passed to anyone. 

New

Re: Export Distribution Lists from Workspace Email

This inability of exporting a distribution list database is a real problem. When doing a targeted marketing, the distribution list matters but not able to export. Who needs to export entire database unless they are entirely abandoning GoDaddy and switching over to someone else? 

GoDaddy must get this resolved as it should not be difficult to implement.

@Godaddy @godaddyhelp @help please help

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @filmmaker. I'm not aware of any plans to add this feature. However, one thing that might work in the way of a workaround is creating your own csv file to import. I was able to do this fairly easy by doing the following:

1. Switch to the "updated view" in webmail
  2. Go to contacts > groups
  3. Click on the group you want to export
  4. Select and copy the list of entries
  5. Paste the entries into a document editor (I prefer Notepadd++)
  6. Perform a search/replace and change all the spaces to commas
  7. Above the first entry, add your row names (First, Last, Email)
  8. Save the file as a CSV

Doing the following allowed me to import the csv file into an email list manager. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Found this thread while looking for an answer. All I want to do is take distribution lists that were created under one email account and use them in  another Workspace webmail  account. This should't be that hard .....should it?

New

I am the original poster of this subject and came back around to see what happened...

but I guess not much, or I should say 'nothing'. 

Thank you for your suggestion but here are my problem:

- I do not have Notepad++;

- I can't and won't replace all spaces with commas -- too many entries;

- Notepad not have csv file option under 'save as';