cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX setup

Hi and thanks in advance for your help!

I have an account on my godaddy VPS which will host a domain registered with a third party. The A record of the remote server points to my IP and the website works perfectly. The contact form (7) on the site does not work. The customers mail is still managed by them on their server and i have changed the mx record on my account to be the same as theirs.... still doesnt work.... am i missing something? 

Thinking about the logic, my account is forwarding the contact form submissions via email to the remote mail server.... how is it doing that? Should there be another mx entry or another entry somewhere defining how the contact form data is mailed to the remote server?

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MX setup

@antonyw1969 wrote:

Hi and thanks in advance for your help!

I have an account on my godaddy VPS which will host a domain registered with a third party. The A record of the remote server points to my IP and the website works perfectly. The contact form (7) on the site does not work. The customers mail is still managed by them on their server and i have changed the mx record on my account to be the same as theirs.... still doesnt work.... am i missing something? 

Thinking about the logic, my account is forwarding the contact form submissions via email to the remote mail server.... how is it doing that? Should there be another mx entry or another entry somewhere defining how the contact form data is mailed to the remote server?

Please help!

@antonyw1969,

What you are missing is knowledge about PHP, and how it handles and sends form data.......................................... most likely!