cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobuh
Novice

Outlook 2007 Account and e-mails deleted when running the Go Daddy Outlook setup assistant

Hi,

I recently created a Go Daddy account. After running the Outlook setup assistant my new e-mail account was created.

However, I found that my previous e-mail accounts and e-mails that I had downloaded from the server had been deleted. Is there any way to recover these? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Outlook 2007 Account and e-mails deleted when running the Go Daddy Outlook setup assistant

Hi @Bobuh,

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.  If the other profiles you had were local (and not connected to an account), there may not be a way to recover, at least not that I know of.  You may want to check and see if you had created a .PST file prior to when you made the change.

You may also want to search the Microsoft forums to determine if they might have a fix we aren't aware of.

Hope this helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support
fullsauce13
Novice

Re: Outlook 2007 Account and e-mails deleted when running the Go Daddy Outlook setup assistant

the same thing happed to me and all i had to do was re-add my gmail account settings to outlook and everything was still there. hope that helps. 

-fullsauce13

Fif
Novice

Same happened to me and I had Outlook as well (subscription started Sept 2016). I have been unable to even sign into my original Outlook, sign in keeps reverting to Go Daddy. It has completely taken over that account ! I can't add my personal and other work email address onto the new Office365 at all. The support guy said it is possible, even Microsoft is telling me that I am unable to "buy" new products because Go Daddy has control !!! Not happy. I was not warned of this happening

Mwilli
Novice

I just did the same thing (added a new email account) and it removed my original email accounts.  I was able to recover and set up the original email accounts, BUT all of my contacts are gone and I am unable to figure out how to recover them.  I am sure they are saved somewhere (I hope) in a file...

Can anyone tell me how to recover my contacts that were associated with my original email account?

NOT HAPPY WITH THE GODADDY SETUP WIZZARD AND WHAT IT DID!!!

jcordes
Novice

The setup wizard would of setup a new profile.  You can check this by using the steps in the following article: Switch to another Outlook email profile

love
Apprentice

my goddady email not open

azmilkman
Novice

Yes- this is a huge failure on Go Daddy's part to not warn you your entire email account will be removed including contacts etc. I was lucky and had a backup a few months old for my contacts and most of emails remained on the server but this is pretty bad......

thanks for the tip.  It worked and recovered all my old accounts, emails and contacts.  Go Daddy is a complete piece of crap.  No help, bad customer service, and just plain lame.  I have 5 domains and 25 email accounts, and I am going to work at changing it all away from go daddy.  Garbage