Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cathy
New

Paid GoDaddy Mail Account not authenticated

Have had a paid GoDaddy mail account for MANY years.  Starting yesterday sending from this account to a gmail account, a red circle with question mark inside started appearing on the recipients e-mail at the 'from' account - that was ME, the sender.  Google apparently wants DKIM and SPF authentication but I can find nowhere to do that.  Please tell me how to get there and then how to fill out the forms for each.  I know they will be TXT but not what GoDaddy wants there.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jvanderb
Helper III

Hi @Cathy!

As far as SPF is concerned, assuming you are not using Office 365, the normal default record is:

v=spf1 a mx ptr include:secureserver.net ~all

If you don't already have a txt record that says this, I would add one (using "@" as the host).

DKIM is something I am less familiar with.  For my domain, all I have is a SPF record, but if I look in the headers of email I send, the DKIM stuff is added automatically.  This leads me to believe that at least in my case, GoDaddy is handling the DKIM automatically.

I would try adding the SPF record, and see where that gets you.  Keep in mind it can take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to propagate.

Hope this helps!