cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Sending Email from Business Hosting

I have a laravel app hosted on Godaddy's Business Hosting plan. I'm trying to send emails through either my Office 365 account or Sendgrid. But when the email is received on the other end (e.g Gmail), it is being flagged as the sender not being verified. And some corporate email server even block the email altogether. My setup works just fine on my local environment but not on Godaddy. Here is my .env

MAIL_DRIVER=sendmail
MAIL_HOST=smtp.sendgrid.net
MAIL_PORT=465
MAIL_USERNAME=apikey
MAIL_PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=ssl
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=xxx@xxxx.com
MAIL_FROM_NAME=XXX

Another issue is that sendmail seems to be the only driver that "works" as I get a connection refused error is I try to use smtp instead.

Any thoughts on how to send emails through a business hosting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User 2020

@ChristianD 

Unless you can do this through an API connection I do not believe it will work. GoDaddy has their system setup that SMTP must go through their local relay. The only way I've ever gotten this to work is in WordPress with both SendGrid and Amazon SES - using their API connection not SMTP

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User 2020

@ChristianD 

Unless you can do this through an API connection I do not believe it will work. GoDaddy has their system setup that SMTP must go through their local relay. The only way I've ever gotten this to work is in WordPress with both SendGrid and Amazon SES - using their API connection not SMTP

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post