Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive/send my-godaddy-domain email account in GMAIL by "Add a mail account" setting

Hello

Emails that are sent to my domain (mygodaddydomain.org), I want to read in my gmail account.

for example, emails sent to webmaster@mygodaddydomain.org, i want to read in gmail, and i want to be able to reply, from gmail, using the godaddy/wordpress email address (webmaster@mygodaddydomain.org). This way the sender only sees @mygodaddydomain.org. I do not want the emails to be 'forwarded' to my gmail account, and replied to from my gmail account.

Gmail has the ability to add multiple email inboxes, for example i can receive emails from my @gmx.com account in a separate email inbox (in gmail). In gmail when i add the secondary inbox for @gmx.com, it is real easy and it "auto-discovers" the mailserver connection settings by just entering my gmx email address.

However, this doesn't work for my "workspace control center" email address, webmaster@mygodaddydomain.org, it tells me "There was a problem connecting to mail.mygodaddydomain.org. Server returned error: "We were unable to locate the other domain. Please contact your other provider." In addition, i only have 10 workspace control center email addresses i can use.

So i tried using a cPanel email address, from the same domain "@mygodaddydomain.org". This had the same result as the workspace control center email address.

I checked my cloudflare account, and it shows this for the MX records:
MX | mygodaddydomain.org | mailstore1.secureserver.net | Auto | DNS only
MX | mygodaddydomain.org | smtp.secureserver.net | Auto | DNS only (priority 10)

so, i guess my question is ... is it even possible to receive/send emails from my godaddy hosting?

another hint -- i'm using WordPress, perhaps i can do this through wordpress?

i suppose i can create a new gmail account (webmaster_at_mygodaddydomain@gmail.com, and simply forward to that address, at least the sender would see it is somewhat close to "webmaster@mygodaddydomain.org", but this is not the ideal workaround.

if you can help that would be incredible, because i am stuck, and i don't want to simply have emails forwarded to my personal account.

0 REPLIES 0